JonEQuest
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Convertible 2007 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEQuest View Post
I have a noise that happens when I am turning the wheel coming from what sounds like in the dash. It sounds like a motor that runs when the wheel turns and sometimes when I stop at the end of travel the groan sound slows to a pulsing groan then stops. So it can still make noise when I stop moving the wheel in other words. The noise sounds like is coming form inside the car though.
FYI. I just bought this car and only drove it twice before replacing the whole drivetrain a weeks ago. So of course I just dropped out the steering rack with sub frame, etc. etc. When I put it back together I put in new power steering fluid (the right kind) and turned the wheel side to side several times get the air out the system. This is not that kind of sound. This sound is from inside the car, really weird. I also have the "Brake" "ABS" and a "triangle circle" light on at all times even after replacing all 4 rotors, pads and sensors the other day. I bet they are related but don't know how.
Don't want to sound like a dick but have you not even read the codes? You've got warning lights on your dash that would be the 1st thing. Perhaps it's related to your steering issue
Yes, I see that too. It is just that this is a sound like as if there was an electric motor inside the car on the steering shaft that has a bad gearbox or is rubbing on something. The odd thing is sometimes if I stop the wheel it still pulses a groan a few times more slowly each time until it stops.
Appreciate 0