01-28-2020, 03:33 PM   #41
chrispoz8
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny.E90 View Post
Hello all,
So I currently have an E90 335i 2007 to be exact. I may have found a rare manual spec 335is. Before I pull the trigger on this I wanted to know is the reliability better than the N54 in my 07 335i? The one I found is a 2011, I’m thinking this could also potentially be a good investment considering they only made 3,597 335is’s coupes. My current 335i is automatic and this one is manual. This one has sub 60k miles and mine has 150k miles. Just want everyone’s opinion. Thanks for reading :-)
I've personally owned and driven my 335is for little over 2 years now and haven't really had any issues with it(closing in on 100k mi) and I've loved driving it every mile. Being an N54 you do run into the well known "N54 problems" and if you already own an N54 you should know what to expect, but at least personally its never been anything crazy. The one thing i did run into that i hadn't heard of before was that the turbo charger wastegate started to have this little "metal like" rattle but after a quick search i found out i wasn't the only one. If you already own an N54 you know what to expect

The 335is that i have is also a manual and it is only 1 of 7. The 335is in general is a "rare" car because of its limited production run, I believe i got my car for a steal considering, so if you're asking if its worth buying that car well only you can make that decision.
Every car depreciates but its really all about the enjoyment you get after ownership. So you should search how many of that specific example were made, and if you feel that the price is right I would at very least highly consider it. Hahaha.

No but really, they're a lot of fun and have a lot of potential as far as upgrades and putting down some serious numbers (plus they're beautiful looking cars too).Hope you didn't find this boring and too long and hope it helped even in the slightest bit.
Appreciate 0