10-02-2011, 03:32 AM   #1
PerthBMW
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Unethical Supplier: SCHMIEDMANN - Members Be Warned

I normally don’t make disparaging comments about Suppliers however, given the number of other forum members in Australia who have experienced the same, it is time the unethical business practices of Martin Andresen – Owner, of SCHMIEDMANN in Odense Denmark was exposed.

Like many other forum members, I was attracted to Schmiedmann because of their very low price on supply and deliver of the Alpine HiFi Kit upgrade – you saved a good couple of hundred dollars compared to Stealers in Australia. I was aware of one other member who had their kit arrive with the Tweeters damaged and he went through hell to get them replaced (wouldn’t respond to emails, took forever and charged him extra). I did the right thing and specifically asked that the speakers be packed extra special given the long trip and the other member’s experiences – I even placed that request in writing on the original order under “Special Instructions”. Yes, you guessed it – they arrived damaged!!!

The Schmiedmann Salesman I was dealing with was extremely helpful and even rang me at home to say he had a new kit in stock and for me to post the original kit back to them (not just the two Tweeters). Given the 3KG package weight I was worried about postal charges though he assured me not to worry as Schmiedmann would reimburse me the cost (I have that undertaking in writing from him) and they would claim the costs back from BMW.

I shipped the original kit back and emailed the postage receipt (AU$126) and didn’t hear back for a while – I made contact with my Salesman and he assured me it was in hand – I have that follow-up assurance in writing. They then took their 3 week summer vacation (business closedown) so upon their return I raised the issue again. To my surprise, I was told the Salesman had left the business and that he had no authority to offer to reimburse the postage charges, notwithstanding I had that in writing and the Owner - Martin Andresen, was copied in on the email. They just flat out refused to honour the commitment made.

I was offered a silly $60 credit to purchase something subsequently but they wouldn’t repay my full $AU126. I wrote to Martin Andresen a number of times reiterating the sequence of events and the undertakings given. Even with the written proof the Salesman offered what he did, Andresen just didn’t care.

Throughout this ordeal Martin Andresen did not tell the truth, he was unethical and refused to stand by commitments made by his staff on behalf of his Company. In Australia, we have a term for people like that and its call being “a Wanker”. I have been contacted by another forum member who has also purchased the Kit off Schmiedmann, it has arrived damaged and he is going through hell trying to get the items replaced. What I originally saved purchasing the kit off them I lost on the postage.

Everything I have written above I have written to Martin Andresen, including calling him an unethical businessman and a Wanker.

Whatever you do, NEVER EVER purchase anything from SCHMIEDMANN in Odense Denmark - you do so at your own peril and cost. They are a Supplier forum members should not deal with and I know there are at least two other forum members who have had the exact same experience as me.

Be warned…..
Appreciate 2