View Single Post
      01-03-2018, 09:07 PM   #1
SATX
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 328i Barbera Red

20mm offset, told it wont clear brakes?

This is my first post here and I hate to start a new thread for a simple question that I think I know the answer to... but I've read all the relevant threads and I figured I should just ask so I can get a direct answer.

I have a stock 2008 e90 with factory sport suspension. I'm trying to put 17" Beyern Spartans on it. 8" 35mm offset (F) and 9" 20mm offset (R). I ordered the wheels from Discount, but then got a voicemail the next day saying that the 20mm rears won't fit because they won't clear the calipers and rotors. Huh? The diameter is the same as came on the car and the lower offset should just push the wheel out towards the fender 23mm or so. Or am I missing something? From what I've gathered this should be close, but still work on this car. Tires are Pilot Sport AS3+ 255/40-17

The reason I'm sticking with 17's is that I just bought new tires a couple months ago and within about two weeks started losing air in both rears. after three trips back...cracked rims. So I don't want to have to buy a new set of tires to move up in rim size.

Hopefully one of you guys can get back to me on this and ease my mind so I can push them to just order them or change it if need be.

Thanks!

Evan
Appreciate 0