View Single Post
      11-18-2019, 12:12 PM   #129
RJC612
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodE30 View Post
So after 127 post has anyone determined if these turbos are worth buying?
My turbos are working great, I have stage 3 as i said. Running 17.5psi peak cuz i dont have the required fuel. Terrific spool, terrific sound, great power, these turbos push straight through my stock clutch. I can only run to like 4500rpm lol. Clutch Masters here I come. And when my clutch doesnt spin, my tires do! I have no rattles, no leaks, no smoking out exhaust. Partial throttle acceleration is wild. Other than a few fitment hassles with the td04 center section (which is to be expected) i have nothing bad to say about my daw turbos, yet. However, my car is yelling at me for more supporting mods equaling $5k+ spent. These cars aint cheap. Need twin disc clutch, BPM4 ekp upgrade, Stage 3 lpfp, and better rear tires to even be able to utilize the power the car produces on the base tune. It likely will all have to wait until next year though. The 30 degree whether here is not helping my traction issues either. My tuner David Shoup says "we are off to a good start."
He also said he has seen two of his customers' sets of stage 2+ daw turbos fail already. Dont know why. Currently my opinion is it seems to be hit or miss with these turbos. Seems i got the hit