View Single Post
      02-03-2021, 04:40 PM   #14
RyanCarbo
Rep
Drives: 11 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilFTW View Post
In regard to the back up camera situation there are 2 options to getting iot powered. 1 with a relay, 1 with a fuse tap at the front of the car.
-The relay makes the most sense, if the transmitter even works. No way to verify the camera because it comes with a special 4 pin connector that goes into the RCA/power cable.

-Suggesting that you fuse tap power from the front of the car (behind glove box) defeats the purpose of even having wireless transmitters.

The build quality of the decklid camera combo was so poor it the rubber ripped after popping it in the first time.

The dash camera was also extremely poor quality for a 100$ add on. It didnt even record, even with the updated application.

The head unit itself is decent though, same thing you would find in the first posts narrative. Avin just buys them, rebrands them, and offers some sort of stateside support i guess.
Thanks for the info! I think if I were to do it, I wouldn't buy any extras. The USB dongle for CarPlay is pretty cheap and readily available, the backup camera for the trunk latch is everywhere online too, and im sure you can buy a decent microphone as ive heard the one this can come with isn't great. If I price mine out I'm just shy of 500 bucks and am thinking that could be worth it. Probably looking at 100 bucks of add on's if I do it myself. Just not sure its worth a 500 dollar hassle for CarPlay basically.
Appreciate 0