View Single Post
      01-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

So, I'm back from a store...

My findings:

Tried on some open face and closed helmets. The open face ones are much easier to use since I wear glasses. Does anyone here have a closed helmet? How do you fit your glasses inside? I found that if I take my glasses off, I cannot get them back on once I fit the helmet. Therefore, I could only use the open helmet. I tried on a closed helmet, I liked the feeling, but how I would get my glasses on, I do not know.

Secondly... gloves. A big disappointment for me from OMP. I tried virtually the whole range and couldn't get anything to fit me right. Pre-curved and outside seams is a must. The cheap OMPs I tried felt cheap. The OMP One was the only glove that felt decent, and, not having tried any of the competitor's products, I would have been inclined to buy them - BUT - for some reason the thumb was too big? I mean all my fingers fit fine (snugly) except for my thumb - there was so much room in the thumb I could fit 2 fingers in there no problem. When opposing my thumb, the glove would hunch up - not pleasant. I will go out and try alpinestars and sparco. If anyone would like some extremely cheap gloves that are half decent, consider these: http://speedpro.cz/rukavice-speedpro...ng-p-8806.html. They're $10 a pair, and they felt just as good as $75 OMPs (Mistrals) for the time I had them on. I'm not sure how they would hold up, and how much shipping would be for you US guys. They're not pre-curved, but do have external seams.

Other than that I bought an OMP shirt for $10 (sale) and some AP racing temperature strips for the brakes.

Again, any tips welcome.
Appreciate 0