Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
In terms of the DPF removal it always seems to me that the majority of people on here are quite reserved with modifying their cars (no bad thing). It's probably got something to do with the big repair bills that you can get with these cars making a warranty almost essential and therefor nobody wants to invalidate their warranty with anything to far from oem. The only DPF removal i've read about on here was due to the guy having problems with the DPF and being quoted stupid money from the dealers to fix. It therefor worked out cheaper to fit a removal pipe and have it coded out of the car.
I can understand removing the DPF in the scenario you have described above, and in some ways buying a car with a DPF and only doing shorter trips is probably not a wise thing to do.
However removing the DPF to achieve better performance is imo a step too far, and Andrei (Neo) points out all the negatives in his thread why it's not a good thing to do.
There are better ways of improving performance other than just a remap, and they don't include removing the DPF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briers View Post
Would DPF removal affect the emissions tests they do on the MOT's?
I'd imagine it would impact on the emissions, but even if it didn't it would still fail.
Under the new MOT regs, if a car has a DPF or other components fitted at the time of manufacture and there not present at the time of the test the car will fail the MOT.

I believe the above is correct,I could of course misinterpreted the latest docs?

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0