06-18-2019, 06:31 PM   #8
BM3Rrrr
Davy Jones, Giant Squid
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a Pirate Ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i2 View Post
I have spent plenty of time and money developing the Motiv based kit and a second, big free flowing kit that is doing final test and tune (only for high HP crazies). A high performing, reliable kit for Australian conditions is challenging to say the least. Especially if you want to run it hard on the street at more than just 25psi.

Don't waste your time with the speedtech kit, I believe it won't fit. Ideally you need a V-band off the manifold. The wastegate will run right into the steering shaft being top mounted if you want to plumb back. Turbo is totally in the wrong spot and the only chance is to try a less than adequate leadfoot position with compromises for big power. Starting point to have a go is over 9k plus landed (GST, Duty, Exchange Rate, Shipping).
The Speedtech photo above is LHD, not RHD.

If you want horsepower you need lots of room for a big dump and turbo inlet.
You also need lots of money for fabrication and add on parts unless you want to do a Brule or Socket. :-)

If you want moderate power or cheap don't waste your time. Just do twins as they will romp away from most STs on Aussie streets. And you can afford to replace them many times over for what your ST effort will really cost you in the end. There are plenty of costs that many on these forums and browsers don't factor in when building single turbo.

Walton Racing top mount (some compromises there too) and the Simply Tuning manifold are available for DIY or just buy Brule's manifold if DIY is your choice as a starting point.

BTW the Speedtech engine mount wont fit either.

The Leadfoot will be 14k plus landed (GST, Duty, Exchange Rate, Shipping). There is one Canberran running it to my knowledge.
A 3584RS at 20psi is a waste, laggy as hell, but at least its safe if not slow compared to GCs, Pures etc.

Before you spend any money decide on your horsepower levels and goals for you car.

There is a reason my kit is expensive if you want the full road legal version. Will also offer a less frills version (for off-road purposes).
I have been running around with my kits for 2 years and 20,000km or more, flogging them in 45 degree heat at full beans .
Thanks for the info mate, Its a friend of mine that is looking to do the ST bottom mount as his stock twins are on the way out.

His reason for not doing a top mount (which I suggested) is that he wants the stealth look. I also mentioned to him upgraded twins (VTT's, Pure's etc) but from his research they don't seem to be all that reliable. I guess Socket could chime in on that one.

He's pretty keen to do some fabbing of his own to try to make something fit for cheap, I don't really agree with this the more research I do.