View Single Post
      05-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #7671
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Thanks for chiming in, that's more or less how I felt about the log. Pretty awesome what it does for timing corrections, wow. Actually, I'm probably running more like E35 right now, I filled a bit on the generous side (figure better to run a little tight on trim than run too aggressive a map w/o sufficient octane). I'll get E30 on the nose next time I fill and see if that does anything. At this point it looks like the Walbro options are pretty tried and true, so unless there are huge cost issues that I don't know of, that will be the route I take from here. Meth just scares me as a fueling solution, gotta be honest.
I'm a big fan of meth for all of it's other benefits and the fueling headroom it provides is just a bonus. No matter how much octane you have, come summer time you're still going to be giving up a lot of timing due to CATs and there's not much even the best intercooler can do. Chemical cooling FTW lol