View Single Post
      05-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #115
07lilredwagon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 328 wagon

Got some more done yesterday afternoon...but ran out of welding wire!...bummer...I also burned out my grinder (which I had rebuilt 3 or so times, so it did not owe me anything!)

Here is one of the door handles frenched in...It took a while to get the template right, then trim the steel to the right size so it would be flush...but Im hopeful for good results with a skim coat of filler....I was after a nice smooth look to the side of the trailer, and since Im keeping the doors operational, I thought I should smooth out the handle area....(It will open from the inside only as a security feature....)

and I started work on the back end of this thing...what a chore this will be!...sorry, challenge, yeah, challenge! ( I know, I should just replace the panel with a new or used one...but I have not had any luck finding a local one...aftermarket ones are upwards of 275.00 and that is just not happening!....I can get a set of matching E91 wheels locally for 150.00, If I have anything left over, it will go towards them!)

Found the tonneau cover in the shed this morning, but am missing the hinged part that clamps to the truck bed...gotta be around here somewhere!

It needs a 1-3" channel to fit width wise, and of course it will need to be shortened and shaped by the trunk, but I think it will work!....

JP
Appreciate 0