View Single Post
      06-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #132
07lilredwagon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 328 wagon

More work last night....YAWN!

actually got a fair amount of things crossed off the list, or at least started.....

Decided to add triangular gussets to the tongue....better safe than sorry....it adds weight to the tongue, but.....

Close up of the welds:ground an angle on all the edges and cut grooves in the tongue for good weld penetration.. I made 3 passes and ended up with these results, which are my best efforts yet!. ill be tying them into the rocker boxes later on.....(then I went back and redid a few previous welds on the tongue...now Im confident that its going to hold up!)

I found some nice E46 side marker lights on ebay....gotta love the internet. I had to tape the shape for the bulb housing on the door then drill many small holes around the perimeter and then file smooth...they fit like a glove but took a while...

Okay, now on to the fun part....This now reminds me of the game Mousetrap....it kinda looks like the contraption that drops the cage on the mouse at the end...... I sourced some bicycle parts, sheet metal, and the most fun bits, a chain guard from a little kids bike and one training wheel...(yes, I broke up the set!)

parcel shelf tonight!

JP
Appreciate 0