View Single Post
      06-28-2020, 05:09 AM   #5
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Slight stutter when you start to speed up after cruising at around 1500-2000rpm is a sticking EGR valve.

I would get this out and see what condition it is in to start with, give it a clean, see what happens.

if it were me I would delete the swirl flaps and while doing that look at the EGR, or if it is at 100k miles just whack a new one on.
The difference in the way it will run will be worth it.

If your EGR is not working right you will be sooting up the rest of the system and you will find the car is getting blocked up far too quickly and trying to regen all the time.

What is your coolant temperature?
It should get to 89ºc in around 5 miles or so and then sit at that temperature rock solid no matter what.

If you 'stat is failing, they tend to last 4-5 years, your car won't regen properly.

The N47 should regen every 3 tank fulls or so, you can get a feel of when it is running right as it is much smoother and you will get better MPG.
When it is not it feels rougher as it is constantly trying to do a regen, even in town.

If you keep an eye on coolant temps you will see it go up to 93-97ºc when it is trying to regen too.

But that stutter is EGR. It could also
Appreciate 0