Thread: BMW Seattle
View Single Post
      06-04-2005, 06:06 PM   #7
Heliskyr
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

E90Newbie--

Thanks for posting your experience so far. That sounds fishy to me that the car is "already in production" one week after the order was placed. When I've sat down with CA's at BMW Seattle & at BMW of Bellevue, they were able to show me long printouts of cars built and waiting to be shipped, cars scheduled to be built, etc. It looked to me as though there was a long line of cars waiting to be built several weeks from now. Unless they found a car that matched your specifications and ordered it right before production, I would expect that your order was placed in the queue to be built weeks from now. So I find it surprising that the order couldn't be modified.

Out of curiosity, what about the ZSP is giving you second thoughts? I personally have been really impressed with how the wheels look and seats feel, and the car definitely handles beautifully. In truth, I haven't even test drove a 330 without the ZSP.

With respect to the other aspects of your experience with BMW Seattle, do you feel that you struck a "fair" deal with them on the car? Could you recommend the CA that you worked with (I suspect not given their apparent lack of support?)
Appreciate 0