Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMarty View Post
Sure cranking and boosting from 5500 to 7500 would be a hell of a lot of fun, it would get old on a DD.
It would still drive better than an NA N52 I would think. Personally I think the trade off would be worth it, I prefer my power higher up in the rev range. I don't need power and high tq at 3k around town. If I did or wanted that I would have kept stock frame sized turbos on my N54 vs. going single.

A downshift away and you are in the meat of your power band. Isn't the joy of the N52 winding it out all the way? If you are not reving it out all the way you are missing out on your gearing by short shifting.

If you could safely rev out to 8k or higher it would be even more fun with a wider power range. On most performance cars the goal is to shift the power right into the higher rpm ranges. Like the S65 for instance. A dog below 4-5k a literal nut less monkey. But once you rev the bitch out it gets to be a bit more fun. Still wouldn't want to own one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I just wanna know why Taskmaster is against meth!
Just more stuff for me to work out in my noodle.
I would like to know why anyone is against it after actually owning and using a meth system.

Inexpensive at $50 a can and even more so when you go 50/50 water meth, reliable if you do it right and don't cheap out aka use compression fittings and something with a flow sensor and/or hopefully a failsafe of some type, baffled meth tank if you are going to track it or run it low on windy roads etc.

It's not your daddy's meth:
Appreciate 2
Biginboca3759.50
Noir883.00