AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe 6MT N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by rismo View Post
Hi,

I have a similair setup and also not happy with my car handling.

- Full m3 stuff, Drexler LSD, suspension/engine "mounts" replaced with medium hard rubber versions
- M-sport sway in the front
- M3 sway in the back

My issue: I lose traction halfway the corner on my outer rear wheel.

This is caused due to the to stiff rear m3 sway bar.

My plan:

- Chamber plates in the front (More negative chamber)
- Linear spring around and in the rear also stiffer springs
- Replace the rear sway with a normal m- sport sway

With replacing the rear sway back to original I hope to achieve 2 things:

- Bring the car back in balance
- Allow the rear wheels to move more independent

With the more heavy rear springs I hope to keep longer traction on both wheels in the corner avoiding sudden oversteer.

I have learned quite a bit myself form the following two sources:

http://www.racingonthecheap.com/reco...andling-guide/ (Very clear per situation)

and this book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sportscar-K.../dp/1845842073

My adjustments should be finished around the 15th of October and I hope to return to a race track early november before the winter kicks in over here.

Hope this is useful for you..
The Msport Front Sway bar also tapers like the 335 front sway bar does also I believe. Why not try a stock M3 front sway bar?

Then you can decide if you want to remove the M3 rear sway bar.

Going from the 335i RSB to the M3 RSB is a big jump in stiffness.

Ive personally liked the M3 FSB & stock RSB combo I am currently running. I dont know if I would change to an M3 RSB without trying out stiffer rear springs first. The back end seems to come out when I want it too, under heavy steering and then applying a decent amount of power. Plus the car barely understeers with the M3 front control arms and M3 FSB.

I would say for faster track times, hold off on going immediately to a stiffer RSB.

For fun, put in the E90 M3 RSB with the front for some sideways action more easily and often. It also depends on driving style and type of driving/track setup you're doing as well. Considering the RSB is not a quick swap like the front Sway Bar is, I could see the appeal of possibly going for an aftermarket adjustable RSB that has multiple mounting positions for the end links, for dialing in the rear without having to change it out...
Appreciate 1
bbnks21206.50