View Single Post
      09-03-2018, 06:17 AM   #2
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Welcome! I bought a 2012 BMW 335XI 2.5 years ago used. I put an ad in here to sell it but it's really not on the market.

My experience with mine is somewhat typical when you get the mod bug. After trying the customized muffler mod, JB4, etc. route I finally have made some simple mods.

Went to Frank Smith in crofton (techtuning) and got him to flash tune my ride. Went from 300/300 to 370/500 in hp/tqe. The car is blast to drive.

Replaced stock shock with Koni FSD's. Completely transformed the ride to a smooth , bump absorbing vehicle which is what I wanted. No coilover adjusting set up for me. NO lowering springs either. I've tried it before and hated the ride.

Charge pipe , Wagner intercooler, aFe intake, etc. AG 359rims, Corsa Exhaust and back to catted dp from catless.

60k on it now. Replaced the water pump and that's it! Rear brakes coming up soon but other than that it runs great and very reliable. N55 engine THANK YOU!

Just my experience so far. My son has it now (yikes) as I moved to a 550i, go fig. I still love driving the E92 though! I miss the handling and power it has when I went to get stupid and race an EVO.

Good luck with your search and journey!

PS - Conti DWS handle just OK. I haven't much in any snow yet so no feedback there but they're supposed to rank high in TireRack.

Last edited by RMNB; 09-03-2018 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: new stuff
Appreciate 0