11-23-2022, 11:20 AM   #64
Hoody007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZMZ LCI | 850i/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolix-2 View Post
Suspension is in and the verdict is out how whether it's the bee's knees or not. Initial response was negative as in my head I was hoping it would be like my Mercedes R230 SL ABC suspension, which is phenomenally unrealistic. Spending a bit more time with it helped me more come to terms with it. A bit harsh, but it's still on the Bridgestone Drive Guards too, so I'm sure that's not helping.

Swapping the suspension was very straight forward with no issues. Next items in queue:

* 3 stage intake and tune
* Steering wheel with paddle shifters retrofit

Yet to be solved that I would love input on

* Seat options
* headlight improvements. With all my other cars have HID or LED headlights, it puts the night time visibility as extremely poor on this car in comparison.
* Maybe decide on whether to keep the 17's and get actually good tires, or go ahead and search for 18's.

Up for debate still:
* Swapping in the 135i brakes. Do those fit on a 17" wheel anyways? I didn't think about that. If they don't, I may need to be moving to an 18" after all.
This is a very nice thread indeed!

Regarding the 135i brakes - they should fit 17”s, as the 335i had the same diameter brakes and came standard with 17” wheels. My vote is to keep the 17”s as they are both unusual, and I find the 18”s to be harsh (I have the factory 18s on my 335i, they’re shod in Michelin AS4s).

The B12 kit handles very well, but ride comfort with those monotubes is not what they’re known for. Indeed I swapped out my B6 for some Koni SAs which made a world of a difference.

Do you still have the xenons from your parts cars? You can retrofit the dynamic xenons which are absolutely phenomenal. There’s a retrofit PDF from BMW floating around somewhere which should be helpful, and you should have all of the various parts needed to retrofit it from your parts cars…

You can also retrofit the Logic 7 system pretty easily - I think your blue M Sport car had it as well.
Appreciate 0