View Single Post
      01-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #11
07lilredwagon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 328 wagon

please dont get into the mentality that you must follow the recommended oil change intervals on these or any other cars, or buy into the fact that some fluids in these cars are "lifetime fluids"....

Yes we now have better synthetic lubricants that do in fact extend our service intervals, but not even close to what BMW is telling you....there are old school beliefs that we grew up with: every 3-5000 miles, right?...well synthetics have changed this a bit, but not more than 7500 miles, please.....besides, as long as you dont use anything that will void the warranty, you can only be helping insure that your car will give you many many trouble free miles.

Break in periods are when the most metals are released into the engines. why on earth would you wait 15,000 miles!!!! I wouldnt if I just invested that much money into my car...(even if I didnt invest that much.)...

also, change the other fluids at more frequent intervals (found elsewhere on the site)...especially power steering, differential, transmission and transfer case if equipped. (you wont have to worry about those for a while, though!)

Good luck with your new car!....

JP
Appreciate 0