View Single Post
      05-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #90
hotrod182
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Yes, my terminal speeds weren't all that great. But the car ran some pretty quick times considering how limited it was on the top end. I think it has some really good low/mid range punch. Interestingly, near the end of the afternoon, I started having traction problems, and my ETs were pretty bad. Yet my terminal speeds were often above 102mph. Also, since I made 21 runs, I was down to my last 9 miles on the range reading. So maybe the low fuel was affecting my runs somewhat. Down at sea level, that same car will definitely run 105mph. I trust my G-tech pretty much because of its consistancy. So at sea level, and 49F weather, this is a typical graph. Now remember, when I compared the track times with my Gtech, they were so close it was uncanny. Just look at the graph, and you can see how consitant my runs were. But nothing surprising here, as some magazines have run 105mph terminal speeds anyways. And conditions don't get much better than they do down here at sea level, cold temps.(The graph says M3, but they are from the 335i as you can see by the almost seamless shifts, compared to the jagged lines the SMG produces.) It almost seemed like earlier in the day I started with a limited slip diff, but then lost it later in the day. I definitely seemed to hook up better with the RFTs when it was cooler. But either way, it was nice meeting up with all of you,(Driver 72, Brusso, MVenom, etc. Really nice people. I remember seeing some of you when I was up at Famosa also. Its good to hang out with car enthusiasts sometimes. I just love cars, and technical things. I have to get my Grand National up and running one of these days. I used to drive around with the computer and gauges hooked up to the thing, analyzing everthing as I drove..I also talked to Jeff of Eurobahn at the track, and Shiv at Bimmerfest...both seemed like respectable people. I also had one of the quickest times for a stock M3 at Famosa with a 13.554@104.14mph. Yet at LACR, my 06 SMG M3 only managed a 14.0 @ 100.1mph. Thats why I brought the 335i this time. Yet at sea level, cold temps, the M3 is the faster of the two, regularly trapping at 106-107mph. The 335i hasn't hit 106mph yet. Although the ETs are a driver's race. And even at the same track, just a few hrs later, the times can change drastically. So not only do different tracks present incomparable results, but even runs at different times of the day, different track conditions, can change your times by a half second or more.
Attached Images

Last edited by hotrod182; 05-14-2007 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 0