View Single Post
      10-02-2018, 04:44 PM   #50
hardrivn
Rep
Drives: E46 ZHP, E92 Coup

Garage List
2011 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
My wife bought a new to me 80K Mile E92 328XI and am about to do a 100K Maintenance. The history on the car is limited to 10K mile visits to the BMW dealer since new listed on the carfax, but no details. Bought new with the standard dealer service plan, then traded in sold as CPO with the dealer service plan, and I bought it at 80K miles after it was traded in for another BMW at a different dealer who said they cannot pull the detailed service records if they were not performed at their shop. Regardless, the car runs great, and I had a PPI done by a shop I know and trust, and things looked good WRT bushings, and suspension and did new tires oil, filter at 90K and am now ready for my 100K service.
I already ordered most of my parts from FCP Euro, and my plan of attack is as follows:
F/R Differentials and Transfer case drained and filled with 75/140 Royal Purple
Center Transfer case flushed and filled with BMW specific fluid since I couldn't find specs
Coolant flush with BMW Coolant (close enough in price, didn't care)
Accessory belt, pulley and tensioner. (FCP Kit)
Air Filter / cabin filter
Spark plugs, coils
New Power Steering Reservoir (not expensive and the filter in them is not user replaceable so if you are going to flush might as well do it with a new reservoir)
Manaul Transmission drain and fill with Royal Purple.
New drain and fill plugs for M/T, Differentials, and Transfer Case since they have that stupid non replaceable rubber seal).
Oil and Filter as well of course.
I usually don't bother with O2 sensors as the computer tells you when they act up and are easy to replace.
Also brake fluid was dry when tested so waiting to wear out the pads before I do a flush new pads and rotors with SS Lines when they are done.

Anything else I am missing from the wear and tear preventative maintenance? Also why did they get rid of my dipstick so I can't do a top only oil change in 10 minutes!

Thanks new to this forum but not new to BMWs Currently have an E46 ZHP Vert Manual, just sold my E39 M5, which I sold my E30 M3 to buy. The ZHP will be up for sale soon, as I just bought a 2014 Boxster S with the money from the E39 and don't want the remainder on the loan so the ZHP will pay off the rest of the Boxster I hope. Porsche did the same thing with the dipstick too which really sucks!
Appreciate 0