View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #17
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si-335d View Post
Off the mark, it gets the power in quicker and when overtaking the response and down shift are quicker and stronger.

I too was sceptical when I thought about getting one for my old AMG SLK32 but that is what convinced me to get it on the 335d too. It does make a difference and its NOT the same as "mashing the throttle" see if you can find someone with one fitted and you will see what I mean. I wouldn't buy one for a manual gearbox but for an Auto, I would buy one every day of the week
Would be nice to see some pics of the exhaust.

The sprint booster is a bit like the old JB3 'pedal target' setting on the 335i, it simply works by getting you to full throttle only part way through the pedal travel. So if you get 100% throttle at 50% pedal travel if feels very sharp, but then pushing the pedal past 50% makes no more difference as you're already flat out!

So it is just like mashing the throttle, can't be anything else, but agree it feels much more responsive due to the small movement of your foot.

As your right foot is used to needing large movement to get downshifts, now it gets them with a small movement instead.

But as with the JB3 pedal target, it does change the feeling of the car, strange but true!
Appreciate 0