View Single Post
      07-13-2005, 04:51 PM   #10
CC 330i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Blk/Alum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricio
Your absolutely right cc 330i. I drove a Ford Ranger for 9 years, and tires lasted forever. But there's no comparison, I know it's worth the extra money. I was just a little shocked, that's all. More upset actually because I felt ripped off on the patch and missed the insurance opportunity.
If it makes you feel any better, the dealer tried really hard to get me to buy the tire insurance, because they probably make a fortune off of it. I turned it down, and then less than 1,500 miles into the car, I got a big fat nail in my tire. Guess who felt stupid then!?

But I am still glad I didn't opt for the "insurance" because the tires probably won't last very long anyway, and a patch here and there is no biggie. If they agreed to replace the tire if it got less than 15K miles of treadwear, however, I would have gone for it.

Also, I think that the $45 you paid is not totally out of line if they did a good job and didn't hurt your rim. I watched them like a hawk when they fixed mine and made sure their was no rim damage. Since I was happy with the guy, I gave him an extra $5 for his trouble. (20% tip).
Appreciate 0