View Single Post
      06-04-2018, 03:21 PM   #6
PaKii94
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesfrager View Post
I don't have iDrive system in my car (actually prefer it that way). And yes, it seemd you can connect this board to tap into the car system (CAN/IBus) to do all sorts of things.

I don't plan on doing that for the steering controls, I'm watching the other post here about that ebay bluetooth box, or I might go with tune2air since that doesn't involve coding the car, and I haven't done any coding, and honesly don't want to deal with new thing. Already got enough on the to-do list

As for upgrading your existing CIC iDrive controller into touch; that I have no clue about. Better search online or here, and if nothing then post a question.

I transplanted your post from my thread to here. It seems like our projects are very similar. I have some experience with arduino & am also learning Tasker if you ever need help!

For steering wheel controls, the ebay bluetooth box works. I wouldn't go with the tune2air (see my review in the other thread). I am trying another ebay bluetooth receiver which i can let you know if it works well.

I think since I already have iDrive screen, I am going to go 1 step further from your project. I plan on:

1) adding miracast box to mirror my android phone
2) using my car built in idrive controller and combining it with your work to utilize it on my phone
3) bluetooth audio through aux but steering wheel controls for android

So with my project I'll have to figure out 1) how to switch from android control while mirroring to OEM control with regular idrive. Is there an easy option that you noticed for that?

2) tap it into the steering wheel wiring.

Anyway, thanks for the guide! I'll have to reread it again later to make sure I understand it fully

----

Also, do you speak Russian or does Yuri speak english? I do want to eventually order that controller but I will probably need some troubleshooting to get it set up . If yuri speaks english I'll probably contact him for the steering wheel controls.

Last edited by PaKii94; 06-04-2018 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0