View Single Post
      06-15-2009, 01:58 AM   #130
Booster4075
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90, 335i

Aside from finding the cables and acquiring CIC hardware, the biggest hurdle I see is actually programming this system, at least with BMW dealer-level equipment.

From my understanding, there will not be a way to program this system on the car unless BMW comes out with an official retrofit (software) package on the dealer systems. My fear is retrofitting this system, getting it all working with Autologic (or whatever means) and not being able to reprogram the car with conventional means (BMW SSS, or newest Gen system.) This would suck if some other module in the car died and you needed to update all modules/etc...

If the CIC could be programmed to the car, I'm sure assist/MULF would go along with that... that's the big "if." My bet is hooking it all up to the car and attempting to program it will fail based on incorrect part numbers installed in the car. It would sure be nice if BMW "quietly" allowed CIC part numbers to be programmed to the earlier gen E90's - then it likely wouldn't be a problem.
Appreciate 0