View Single Post
      04-11-2017, 11:20 AM   #1
imy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M140i

BodyShop Woes

Moan for the day:

I took 2 cars that I had on lease to have body work done. It was my own fault that I did not do a full on deep investigation of the work carried out on completion.
I have had the inspectors reports on both cars.
I didn't tell them about any work done on the cars before hand. They asked if any work had been done and I said yes. They told me the work done was to an appalling standard.

1. There were 2 paint runs on one panel
2. There was orange peel on a panel that had been repaired
3. Colour mismatch on one car repaired.
4. Dirt particles on both cars trapped in paint where the job was not done in an air tight environment
5. Dents still visible and not correctly filled.

Total additional cost to me is £900 approx on both cars on top of work already carried out.

Its the first time I personally have ever had to deal with a body shop, so was one very expensive learning experience for myself!

The response from the shop was mixed. Initially they were very apologetic, their messages state how sorry they are at the poor job on both cars and that they would repair a future car for free. However I asked if they would provide a partial refund on one of the cars (the other one has already been collected, and one is being collected tomorrow) and invited them to view the car and the shoddy job they done (tbh I would have been happy with £100 out of the £800 paid in total). I was then told no cash would be exchanged and was blocked from the chat.

Ironically the shop initially told me the job would be first class. One of their last messages to me before being blocked was if I wanted a proper job I should have gone to the dealer or lease company...

Its been a learning curve for sure and a very expensive one. But I guess what I can take away from this is to scrutinise all body work ever done in the future and only go to recommended shops.

07 E90 335i: JB4, Trebila BEF, BMS DCI, VRSF DPs, Scoops, 19" CSL Reps, 5" ETS FMIC, VTT Inlets, BMS CP, HKS BOV, BMS Meth Injection - sold
Appreciate 0