01-24-2018, 02:13 PM   #40
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaddam2 View Post
We dont have any performance pads for the F3x calipers yet. ill put in the good word to the guys that are in charge of that

we do offer a EU pad for you tough a more robust pad for higher energy cars (heavy euro cars with power and need to withstand stuff like autobahn) might be better as an OE substitute. but also porterfield is raybestos ST pad line.

did you know brake dust is actually mostly from rotors not pads? are you using drilled/slotted rotors? i would say go cheaper with blanks, and splurge more on pads.

btw Gridelife midwest signed up, and debating which GPSTracktime's im going to do this year, maybe the WindyCityBMW track day at ABCC South.
Yes, I have the dimpled/slotted. However, on same rotors Lamumba is using front pads D1609 and rear pads D1656. They are called Porterfield RS4 I think and brake better than BMW OEM with lot less dust. But they are twice as much than BMW OEM so I never got them. Is this Raybestos ST similar to RS4? Gridelife is expensive. I go with GPS, Autonation, MVP and Gingerman track dirrectly.
Appreciate 0