Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasmiller2015 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
I installed an FRM 2 module last night. Before programming an SOS error popped up. I coded it out in the Kombi after I ran the new module thru WinKFP & NCS Exoert. Still having issues, no SOS error showing on the Kombi but I have no sound in my radio. So, I think the Amp is not communicating w/ the radio because of the SOS error.

Do I remove SOS From the VO of the car or do I reprogram that module ?
I got an SOS error after installing my FRM3 because I forgot to plug a cable back in that connects to a thing on the trim piece that goes between the pedals and steering wheel. Plugging that in cleared the error for me.

Do you have ISTA/D (Rheingold) to scan all modules for fault codes? If not, you can download it from bimmergeeks.net
Dude your are a life saver!!!! I went back and re-traced by steps. Sure enough the MOST connector attached to the panel underneath the steering column was disconnected. Ridiculous really!!! But Crisis averted !!!!

Curious? Did you go from FRM 2 to 3? What's the difference?
I went from FRM1 to 3 on my '07 (previous car). From what I've heard, 2 and 3 are fairly similar.

Previous: 2011 E90 335i | Black Sapphire Metallic | 2007 E90 335i | Monaco Blue Metallic
Appreciate 0