View Single Post
      02-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #60
u170who
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 330I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techevo View Post
And I wouldn't trust my car sitting on cheap Taiwan/Chinese suspension like BC if someone paid me.

Horses for Courses.

Do you think what a suspension looks like externally gives an indication of it's quality and performance? BC's may look nice on the outside (this is where most of the budget went) but the budget should be spent on the internal stuff where it counts. My KW competiton race shocks look cheap as chips on the outside being zinc plated steel, but the performance is superb.

Have you seen a dyno graph from the so called matched dampers out of a BC kit? Horrendous. How about internal bearing design, or not as the case maybe, meaning as soon as there are side loads due to the macpherson strut design, stiction goes through the roof. Oil viscosity to temp ratio? Rats piss comes to mind.

I'm not saying the OP's coilovers are good, at that price I'd expect them to be very poor, just find it amusing that a person with BC's is lambasting him.
You sound like you know a good deal about suspensions. Could you give me your opinion? I am looking for the best bang for the buck setup and lowest cost for my '06 e90 non sport with stock springs. I am looking for better ride quality then stock and to maintain the same handling. I am in Brooklyn, NY, so have to deal with severely under maintained streets in one of the richest cities in the world. I also want longevity for the suspension. I am thinking about Bilstein HD shocks while using the stock springs. Watcha think? Oh, and peeps, if he wants to put a crappy suspension, let him, and let us all watch...should be fun, no? What's the update OP? How's the ride and your opinion?
Appreciate 0