E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
While I do agree with the "formula" (see what I did there? lol ) you presented and the due credit there is something to be said for the un-evenness in the teams' budgets. Some are nearly broke while others' coffers - like RBR - seem nearly bottomless. It creates a field and a season that is more about money than it is about the race and the thrill of the competition. That said, I think much of it will be address with the much discussed 2014 changes. Whether I think the field fair or not, SEB won rightly and definitely deserves credit. RBR ran a fantastic race with THIS driver and their tire strategy was genius.
Here's another problem with F1 now. FOTA is dysfunctional at the moment, even Christian Horner admitted that the 2014 engine change is a mistake. Back then teams are dog eating dogs.

But now developing new engines, engineers finding new loopholes and discoveries. It is fine for big teams like McLaren, Ferrari, RBR, Mercedes.

But for other strapped with cash, next year is make or break.
It will cost them a fortune to learn a whole new ball game.

If you have a chance, find SkySportsF1 "The F1 Show" last Friday. Where Tony Fernandez and Christian Horner talked briefly about 2014 regulation change and cost to a team. To Christian Horner, it is cheaper for Customer

Teams to just buy an old RB8 chassis, and have a better playing field to earn a few points. Or they can focus or refining other developments. So they will be probably one year or half a season behind. Not like now, they are in a cash burning black hole.