sirleeofroy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M-Sport LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpow3r_UK View Post
The alloys are 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear. 235/35/19 & 265/35/19. The right side fron and rear rub slightly so thinking of rolling arches on rear and changing fronts to 225/35.

Any down sides to rolling rear arches? Could go to normal 255 width I guess but would want to keep the 35 profile as I like the extra cushioning and don't want to risk cracking rims with low profile tyres. Almost all OEM 19" alloys I looked for on ebay had welds from cracks.
The rubbing on just the drivers side may have something to do with the slightly wonky suspension setup on these cars....

See BMW designed this car predominantly as LHD and to counter the weight/balance of the driver (on the left side of the vehicle), the left side of the car rides a touch higher so that when loaded with the driver, the car was more or less equally balanced with regards to ride height.

Thing is, when BMW brought the car to the UK market, they didn't adjust this setup for RHD so what you find is that in a RHD car loaded with just the driver, the car naturally leans more on the right hand side but even more so due to this suspension setup. Most people don't notice this but it is fairly well documented on various forums, even here.

I'm sure there are shims available to counter this, I'll see if I can find a link for you, unless anyone here has one to hand?

EDIT: here you go - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E90-E...-/382433087726

The cracking on a lot of the alloys are down to the use of run flat tires, the super hard sidewall is unforgiving and a few nasty potholes result in the alloys you've seen, this is massively negated by running normal non run flats in most cases, though some revisions of alloys are just weak.

Last edited by sirleeofroy; 08-21-2018 at 04:56 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0