View Single Post
      12-07-2020, 07:47 PM   #296
328cicrazed1984
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 328ci

vanos system causing limp mode

hi so i have a 2001 328ci bmw i have rough idle multiple miss fire codes 13 and 2nd dairy purge valve system is wrong direction i been looking at the vanos it seems to be pointing in right direction but the other day i was wot trying to pass a vehicle car went and triggered limp mode meaning the ! point with the red around it in the shifter indicator came on and it was fine as i was still driving started to get progressively worse so about two miles of drive time at 55 mph to my my home shut the car off about twenty min later go to get back in and drive the car again it barley moved only like a 2mph indicator on in the dash still cant get it to go any where i basically have no reverse now i do understand the miss fire has been replaced all new coil packs plugs etc but not the vanos system so my question before i do any thing else is that will it trigger when you give it wot if the vanos system is failing i have disconnected the battery and cleared the codes the exclamation point is gone now but i have not drove yet i wanted do ask before i do and the vanos and when resetting the system do i disconnect the battery and clear codes or is it possible to use the istat+ system has any one used this system before is it easy or relatively simple to use and where is best place to down load it as well i appreciate everyone's time thanks ahead of time
Appreciate 0