09-27-2009, 01:25 PM   #117
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedHelp1234 View Post
Boss sound it says on there. I'm from the uk
Nothing shows up under "Boss Sound" only "Boss Audio".

Regardless, I want to know if this amp has high level inputs and how much voltage they can take before any recommendation. Most probably they can take your 15W max (around 8V) per channel directly but I want to make sure.

If so then you could either tap the OEM HU rear outputs in the back of the OEM HU or at the rear speakers inputs. If you do not want to cut or tap anything in the car itself then you can buy this type of harness
http://www.installer.com/item/displa....php?it=BT9003 and make all your speaker and remote taps there, and just plug this harness between your car and the OEM HU.

Run those 3 wires to your amp, get 12V and ground form your battery and that's it for the amp portion wiring.

If your amp cannot handle those high level inputs then you will need a LOC between your OEM HU and that amp. Any LOC that can handle more than 15W max will do; you can use the same harness as above to make all your connections to facilitate the wiring work.

If you ever want to sell your car then the benefit of having that harness will be very evident: just unplug it and sell it. Your car will remain 100%OEM.
Appreciate 0