View Single Post
      08-26-2010, 12:02 AM   #128
TeeS
Finland
Rep
Drives: E91 325d 07'

Hey all! I was stuck reading the thread last night after I found it, because I have an ongoing project with my e90. I already replaced the deck speaker set with Rainbow SLX 210 Deluxe set. The most challenging part in that (apart from removing the back seat) was to find a place for the passive crossover that comes with the set. Well I found places for them under the deck and replaced the factory wiring almost up to the OEM Amp. I'm planning to add an aftermarket amp later on, that's why the new wires.

But last night I ran into problems when I was trying to find out places for new wires for new front door speaker sets (also Rainbow SLX 210 Deluxe). There seems to be no way to use the existing rubber tube, because it's end on the car side is blocked by big harness or something. In other words, there seems to be no way I can insert wires into the rubber tube. Have you all used just the (thin) factory wiring when replacing the front door speakers sets? If you have, where have you installed the passive crossover for your new aftermarket speaker sets? I guess somewhere inside the door, which isn't probably the best option, because the door gets slammed and the components in the crossover might get loose at some point...

Thanks for you advise in advance! Already had a lot of important information out of this thread
Appreciate 0