Soravia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 Silver xDrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackeye30 View Post
Thanks for the replies -

Soravia thank you for pointing out the Feal kit, I hadn't seen it recommended much on these forums. Do you know if it's a streetable/daily driver appropriate setup? I'm familiar with Odi Bakchis and Feal in the drift world, just curious why it isn't more frequently mentioned setup on here and what it may compare to. Are the front struts shortened like the tc klines to accomodate the xdrive suspension travel?

So looking at RSFBs (M3 or Whitelines), Control arms w/bushings (M3 also?), outer tie-rod ends, then check flex disc and basically anything that can crack/tear. Also good call on the axle nuts, i just looked up some pics of how rusted out they can get.

nsjames thanks for the feedback - so the STs are basically non-inox coated V1s? Do you know if the valving and height adjustment are the same as well?

~Cheers
You can adjust the spring rates on those kits, before or after buying. That's what the adjustable dampers are for as well. They can easily go 20% more or less on spring rates.
They say their suspension will be 1" lower than OE at max height. But I doubt that's due to length of the strut body. More to do with spring length. Even if the dampers are shortened, they still travel more than what the car sits at OE height. I'd get the at standard setup or about 30% stronger springs at same length if you want OE ride height
Appreciate 0