02-02-2021, 12:26 PM   #1
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Exclamation *Warning* Do not buy vendor eNBT Evo Kits

I no longer provide commercial BMW retrofits so this is no longer a conflict of interest for me to post.

Ever since I figured it out and put in a NBT Evo in my old E90 I have gotten emails and messages from four people who have recently purchased eNBT Evo kits from one particular vendor from Canada. These emailed always start with "I wired this vendor a bunch of money and my kit is not fully functional or does not work at all. All the technical support does is blame me for everything and now they won't respond."

The eNBT is a complex retrofit but It is very possible to create a pre-coded, complete kit for a E series vehicle. I personally did this twice for two friends (Do not email me asking for eNBT kits). This vendor's kits are frequently missing parts such as a F series Harman Becker Logic 7 Amp for logic 7 or individual audio cars, new faceplates with ground straps soldered onto them and NBT displays without a E series display housing mounted to them.

If you want a NBT Evo in your E series car the only way to have it done properly is to do it yourself. Just prepare to spend up to $3,000 USD. Do not wire some shady vendor thousands of dollars were once the money is out of your account your money is gone. A reputable vendor would take PayPal or at least a credit card where you have some sort of recourse if they try to pull crap like this.

If you just want Apple Carplay in your car go and buy a $230 Chinese wireless CarPlay box if you have a CIC.

Last edited by Nickco43; 02-03-2021 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0