View Single Post
      08-22-2018, 12:58 PM   #1
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
GC Camber Plates - Street and Track Setting Questions

I'm getting my GC camber plates installed tomorrow. I bought them to quickly gain some additional camber for the track days but then able to change back to a street setup for my daily commute. I understand the concept that if I change my camber at the track my toe out will increase (all else being equal). Should I attempt to alight my car in spec for the street and just accept the additional toe-out when I rack up the camber for the track or attempt to find some sort of middle ground? My concern with the first option is too much oversteer caused by the toe out and additional front end grip due to the camber. I already went with a square wheel setup so I found the car nicely balanced on the track so I don't want to mess around with that too much.

I predict I'll be able to get about 3.5 deg front camber with the plates and M3 arms, should I just leave it at that for my DD and set the toe to match? I've only done two track days and the lack of camber was very evident on my new MPSS (tons outside tread wear) so I don't want to fix one issue and make another one (inside tread wear from increased camber). People who have dual purpose cars and have invested in adjustable camber plates what do you do? Any alignment tips? I have adjustable rear toe arms so I have some ability to align my car to my liking.

This is all happening tomorrow so a quick response would be appreciated.

Last edited by Volasko; 08-22-2018 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0