View Single Post
      04-26-2006, 05:08 PM   #22
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitStream
For anyone interested in Carbon Fiber parts check this out ... http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15013

Scroll down for photos.

Found this stuff online while digging around. Maybe we can use this for something ourselves?

I have been looking for a nice set of CF eyebrows for the car and I'm thinking for us American owners a CF eyebrow that covers only the Amber section would be really cool. I don't know if this stuff in the post is capable of doing it but just an idea ...
i had some of this stuff, but by a different maker. really thin, and comes with 3m tape already on the back of it. i tried to make my own pillar covers on my old car with this stuff. easy to cut (can use scissors), but the problem is cutting straight around curves, etc. didn't come out too well. few months later a guy on e46fanatics was doing a group buy and had a set made for my car (prob made in taiwan), and they fit perfectly.

imho, the stuff will work well for small items with straight edges, but anything else will take a lil work.