View Single Post
      01-04-2013, 03:10 AM   #78
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Thing View Post
Only just caught your Thread Andrew very nice (I would never have guessed anyway) Never got to see the Jag so hopefully when the SLS arrives you'll get time to pop round and look at my back to front tyres (although they will be another GT-R in the garage as well)
Mate, I'm sorry for not saving come round...had a manic and quite unpleasant few months If for whatever reason the Jag doesn't sell today, I'll pop it round on Sunday otherwise I'll pop round in a couple of weeks with the SLS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
Great choice of car. Love the SLS. I might even swap my fast datsun for one

Enjoy
Thanks...is the finally a car that's as fast as the Datsun? (although my turbo might have just managed that!). Funny eh, you have to go right to the top of some car ranges to get close to the GT-R's performance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Probably the most expensive motor to be owned by anyone on the UK part of the forum. It's a mental car I love it!! What does Vicki rekon to it?

How long will this bad boy last?
Thanks Carl....Vicki loves it and I know this because I set the condition that the RRS also had to go if we got this as the purchase of the SLS wasn't saving me as much as I would have liked

I'm sure others have had cars of higher value than what I paid (ignore list price)...didn't Hoops have some expensive kit and here was another guy with a new GT3RS a couple of years back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbo99 View Post
thats a fantastic choice to be able to make.

im keen to know where you purchased it from - having read your threads over the last year and following your need for perfection, im not sure the vendor/dealer will be expecting you!
PM sent....and at the perfection I expect. Breaking away from the fantastic Jag dealer is a concern to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
A brand new E350 Coupe as the cheapo runaround .......
Deal is definitely not finalised yet! The deals are very good on them though.

We actually looked at the new A Class at first when they came out but, whilst it was a nice car to drive, the driving position was shocking (in fact, appalling for a new car....has anyone driven one of these yet?) and whilst MB quoted 36mpg urban, 44mpg combined and 55mpg extra urban, I struggled to average 30mpg when driving normally!! It was an A250 petrol (2.0t) but not even achieving the urban figure when not thrashed is a disgrace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
So that's around 3 months, bearing in mind you would have been looking for the past couple of weeks

Looking forward to the pics of both new cars mate.. Shame we couldn't all have met with the some of the cars on here. Would have been an awesome photo
I'm always looking (at SLS's anyway)

We can get that photo....you just need to come to one of the meets!
Appreciate 0