View Single Post
      05-01-2015, 11:33 AM   #109
BOTUS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewodzien View Post
I just wanted to update everyone that I had this update done last month and it is MUCH better than what I had. The "clutch slip feel" that I had before is reduced to an acceptable level.

If you get it done, I think you'll be happy!

-Ed
my two penny worth,

mine was low mileage mint late 2007 UK car, the whole car and gearbox was on original software and was an embarrassing disaster. Some times about 1 in 8 gear changes was a hideous shudder and noise that sounded like it was causing damage. The car was updated by BMW in jan 2014 and the box was transformed into a normal auto, that did everything better smoother.... the car was also massively quicker as though the engine was putting out about 10% more low to mid range power and 20% top end.... the economy picked up say 3 to 5% as well

the downside (although may have been there before) this slipping / over torque thing was present under full on acceleration. To me it was exactly like clutch slip (auto box slip but with no nasty noises like you can get when a band slips on an auto). It wasn't always there but it made you think full throttle dry road launches would end up costing me a lot of money and spoilt the car for me. Yet all the chip tune guys where convinced the box is indestructible and I much be mistaken.

pretty sure I wasn't
Appreciate 0