View Single Post
      05-01-2015, 11:55 AM   #110
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by E9235 View Post
Hey can you tell me your old zb number and the new one. I got zb 7595728 and i dont get a newer zb number with winkfp, i'm at spdata 53.3.

thx
I dont know off the top of my head, I will try to remember to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTUS View Post
the downside (although may have been there before) this slipping / over torque thing was present under full on acceleration. To me it was exactly like clutch slip (auto box slip but with no nasty noises like you can get when a band slips on an auto). It wasn't always there but it made you think full throttle dry road launches would end up costing me a lot of money and spoilt the car for me. Yet all the chip tune guys where convinced the box is indestructible and I much be mistaken.

pretty sure I wasn't
I know exactly what you mean. It seems to me that the programming changed something in the torque converter clutch application, either the clutch is releasing at high loads where it didnt before or the clutch is being applied with less pressure which allows it to slip at high load. Its not gear specific so it most likely has to do with the torque converter. I have also noticed (not flash related) that the torque converter they picked is way too loose for the application. Of course, they did that to make grandma more comfortable in the car. IMO the stall speed of the TC in a car that only revs to 4500 RPM really shouldnt be 2300-2500 rpm.
Appreciate 0