Cruiser124
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser124 View Post
I think you may be right! This car has never been on my radar until yesterday, so I did a little research last night and it sounds like the emission systems that you have mentioned is a major weak points on these cars.

It would be a pleasant surprise if these have already been removed!
Correct, the emissions system really is the weakest point of the whole car. I replaced one or two big ticket items on the emissions system before I said screw it and got the tune to delete them. That being said, you dont necessarily need to remove all the emissions components if you get the tune. Its a good idea to remove them, but not completely necessary. The only component that I would say is a good idea to remove is the DPF to help lower EGT's. The rest can technically remain.
Really good to know, I appreciate your responses! Do you have any insight on the heating crankcase activation code? I'm not really sure where to look for this, but I can't imagine it has anything to do with the car being modified. This code is always present and comes back as soon as I start the car.
Appreciate 0