Cruiser124
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser124 View Post
It's the simple things that can cause the most frustration sometimes. It's a bummer that people feel the need to tamper with cars at auction.

I will have to do some digging to see what I can figure out about the tune. I haven't driven another 335d to compare to, but the torque on this thing will put you in your seat. It also has an exhaust, and sounds like a truck at idle, you can hear the turbos whistling away. Puts a smile on my face just starting it up 😁
Sounds like the DPF was also removed then and replaced with a down pipe. If you ever get the car on the lift, take a look and see if the SCR tank was replaced as well.

I suppose you could also go to a dyno and see what kind of power the car is making and compare that to what some of the tuners out there are advertising. I plan on doing that anyway myself to see just how accurate those claims are.

That being said, I do enjoy hearing the turbos whistle

Do you suspect that someone at the auction loosened the plug or that it came loose on your drive back home?
Missed your last part, but someone absolutely unplugged it. I see it all to often on cars I'm more familiar with, and it was still on the injector just slid back enough to look good, but not clipped in.
Appreciate 0