04-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #158
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post
Yes it did but it blew up at the recent track event after a few hard runs. Apparently with the Alpina flash so that is not great news as far as making the tranny bulletproof for high HP levels. Guy who has it is banned here and everywhere else I think.
Wow, not sure where you guys get your information, but that's not what happened. The trans was installed and tested at lower boost settings and worked very well. Sihk drove it 1000 miles for break-in before they started to turn up the power. On the dyno the car made some really big #'s... Shiv then took it out on Friday before Shift Sector to do 60-130 pulls and it started letting go after a couple of runs. Apparently 517 didn't believe the #'s they were provided as they said they built the trans to still be drivable. When they were informed of the actual # the car put down to wheel they were apologetic and so they are rebuilding the trans to hopefully make it bullet proof for the power this car is making... I drove the car on Friday after resetting adaptation and going through a drive cycle. I can tell you first hand this car is no joke, I about peed myself in 3rd and 4th gear. This car will be putting down some really low 60-130 times if the trans will hold the power once they get it back from 517.
Appreciate 0