07-10-2020, 02:42 PM   #81
Duck360198
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F30 340i Laguna Seca Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by alep85 View Post
I don't think a 9K mile, 10+ year-old car is necessarily a good thing. Means it potentially sat for a longggg time without being run, which can introduce other issues.

For these cars, I think you want at least 30k miles on the clock. It means someone at least ran it for an average of 3k miles a year or so.

I don't care how nice of an example it is, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that it's selling at $25k. My 335i was low mileage at under 38k miles and had even more options than that car, and the price out the door was $15.5k when I bought it over two years ago! You could get a lower mileage used E90 M3 sedan at that price. A beautiful car, and I personally love E90 M-Sports, but that seller's dreaming at that asking price.
I agree with almost all of what you said. I do think the right buyer would snag this up because they want a new E90. I'm in the camp that I'd pay a premium to have exactly what I want. If that car were a 9K mile car in AW with Chestnut Brown interior and checked every single other box, I'd shell out the cash. There are certainly limits to that comment though. The guy asking $30K for his Alpine White car with low mileage on eBay started the conversation by saying "are you just another one trying to steal this away from me? I know what I have." OK...next. There are some that need a dose of reality.

I also say that I'd pay a premium because I've driven the F30 340 and it has great performance, but I'm soooooo booooored by everything else. I test drove the new Camry because I actually love the look. But again, *yawwwn*. I test drove '13 C63 AMG. Sounded great, could be a fun daily, not sure I'm wanting a thirsty V8 as a daily (although that's kind of gone out the window because i'm working from home full time now). I won't touch an E90 M3 unless all preventative has been completed or has a warranty. I found out that 3rd Party warranty companies do not cover M cars typically. The warranties are usually coming from dealers.

Point is, I drive these cars and I still come back to the 335. Love the platform. Love the performance. Love the look inside and out. It has great functionality from a daily standpoint. Pricing is great. Wonderful aftermarket. I nitpick so many things and it's hard for me to do so on a factory M Sport E90.
Appreciate 1
whyzee1251678.50