atmosphericM
Basic Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT ///M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
I'll trade you a free tune for the SS midpipes - catless right?
Heh, do you do tunes for the N51? CPO warranty runs out some time in 2019.. was planning on hitting up BPC for a dyno tune around then. Waiting... waiting... lol Old and boring myself I suppose.

Curious, reasoning for not wanting headers? They're pricey, I'll give you that, but the power seems there if you can tune for them.

When my warranty is out I have no idea what I'll do now. I wanted to do tune + headers, probably MILVS too, but I'm afraid that cat-less headers + secondary cats + PE will be too loud for my tastes now. Might have to do the unthinkable and mod my PE mid-pipe with a small muffler addition or something. Want that headers power!

I've even seriously considered trying to source a set of N53 manifolds, but I'm not sure if it's really worth the trouble, even if I did find a great deal. Yes the runners are nicer, but I haven't found any data regarding their cats. N53's don't have secondaries, so for all I know the primaries are more restrictive than ours. Shipping would be a pain too...
Appreciate 0