06-26-2018, 02:03 PM   #14
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwashy View Post
That's what I thought, thank you for clarifying. I'll give the Vibrant Ultraquiet resonator and Dynomax Superturbo Muffler a look. If there is a large gap where the old muffler is, I can fabricate some sort of fiberglass panel to eliminate the 'parachute' effect
It's a quieter muffler, but it doesn't flow as well as the other options. The Borla was my go to because it flows well and it does have lower volume than something like a Magnaflow, but I hear Vibrant also ofters a quiet high performance muffler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
I'll trade you a free tune for the SS midpipes - catless right?

Wonder if it would still be quiet with the stock muffler. I'm old and boring now so I don't really want a loud exhaust (the exhaust on my car when I was 19 would wake the dead - been there, done that, bought and sold the T-shirt). I don't want to put headers on this car either, but I don't care much about having secondary cats.
It will be quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post
Heh, do you do tunes for the N51? CPO warranty runs out some time in 2019.. was planning on hitting up BPC for a dyno tune around then. Waiting... waiting... lol Old and boring myself I suppose.

Curious, reasoning for not wanting headers? They're pricey, I'll give you that, but the power seems there if you can tune for them.

When my warranty is out I have no idea what I'll do now. I wanted to do tune + headers, probably MILVS too, but I'm afraid that cat-less headers + secondary cats + PE will be too loud for my tastes now. Might have to do the unthinkable and mod my PE mid-pipe with a small muffler addition or something. Want that headers power!

I've even seriously considered trying to source a set of N53 manifolds, but I'm not sure if it's really worth the trouble, even if I did find a great deal. Yes the runners are nicer, but I haven't found any data regarding their cats. N53's don't have secondaries, so for all I know the primaries are more restrictive than ours. Shipping would be a pain too...
I have this setup now - Spoiler alter, it's loud.
Appreciate 0