View Single Post
      01-04-2013, 03:39 AM   #82
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Don't you feel that even in a little way morally you have done the dirty on the JLR Group. They treated you incredibly well with giving you a brand new car that enhanced your financial position massively, now three months later you are walking away and really only able to do this SLS deal because of them. Obviously there is nothing they can do about it but reckon given you are also selling the RRS I would be looking to replace it with something from the JLR range just as an acknowledgment of their customer service to you.
Yes definitely, I feel quite guilty actually....not so much at JLR, but the dealer. JLR still made profit in every deal, no doubt even the exchange. The dealer did not, hence I even went there and told them face to face. I would love to change the RRS for another JLR group car but the reality is I have been very disappointed with the economy on the RRS....my travel allowance at work barely covers the fuel it uses and I do quite big mileages in it. It has given me 30% less mpg than the quoted combined figure, despite the motorway mileage, which is unacceptable for our 2nd 'sensible' car, despite the rest of the car being exceptional. I don't like the Freelander, and the Evoque is too expensive so there's nothing else newish in group that I can buy for the money of the 'subsidised' E class. I have even considered a Volvo to say in the dealer group but would you choose to buy a Volvo over a cheap Merc with your own hard earned.

The SLS is a dream car and, as one never knows what the future holds, whist I can get one (and save a smidge), I will. I guess we don't HAVE to get rid of the RRS but I'd always intended to start tis year with a much lower 'car' cost base....an SLS may seem an odd way of doing that (but it surprisingly helps) so the other expensive car has to be replaced - and the running costs really piss me off if only because I feel a bit cheated...never had a car that performs so differently to the quoted stats (well, until I drive at A-Class which was even worse).

What I can guarantee is that, due to the service, both the dealer and JLR will have my business again. If I have a successful year, you never know, I might be in a position to have the SLS ad the new (more efficient ) Range Rover Sport when they come out at the end of the year. And one things or sure, when the F-Type R coupe comes out next year, I'll hopefully still be in a position to get one. If I waited for the SLS until after the F-Type, I feel that for me it would be too old so like I say, the opportunity exists now, so ill grab it.
Appreciate 0