12-09-2020, 05:29 PM   #21
kevinb21
as long as it runs :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30 328i/ e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansE90335xi View Post
The head is probably ok as long as you remove the head bolts properly... reverse of install torque sequence. OEM head bolts are torque to yield fasteners. They require a jointing torque and then a torque angle. According to the Bentley manual:

Lightly lube the bolts/washers and install them hand tight.
Step 1: Tighten head bolts to 30Nm in correct torque sequence
Step 2: Tighten 90 degrees using a torque angle pointer in correct torque sequence
Step 3: Tighten another 90 degrees using a torque angle pointer in correct torque sequence

You are going to have to get yourself a copy of the Bentley manual for your car. It has all the info you need to work on all aspects of it. It's probably about $150 but well worth it.
Motor mounts are a good idea along with a new water pump and thermostat. Check all your rad hoses and DEFINITELY change the rad hose fitting right below your OFH to an aluminum one. The plastic OEM one will fail and leave you stranded. You can find them on Amazon or Ebay for around $10-$20.
I just got started ordering parts for the car, my end goal is the max horsepower I can get on crap California 91 octane gas. I plan on doing catless downpipes, fmic, mhd tune, colder spark plugs, and later in the future maybe lpfp and index 12 injectors. Given the engine is coming out of the car for new rod bearings, seals, headgasket etc, is it logical for me to upgrade the turbos? the only ones I can really afford are the eBay tdo4 800$ set of turbos. I've heard mixed reviews about them but im just wondering if upgrading the turbos will do me any favors since I don't want the burden of finding e85 or adding meth and all of that, I want the most easy street hp possible. My goals and wishes are 500 but thats probably optimistic. what do you think my best route is?
Appreciate 0