10-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #742
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8nm View Post
Oh please...it's your nature to be offensive, no offense. I know it is rust but I was surprised to see it coating the tire and not the rim. My rear tires literally looked red instead of black. I washed and treated the tires and now all is well. Next question, buy my leased 335is and mod the f**k out of it, buy the new M4, buy 2009 M3 and supercharge it. Handling and 0-60 time are my primary concerns...and it has to look sick natch.
If its on your tire it isn't rust... At most you might see small particles that might fall off the rotor onto the inner wheel. But if it's getting to you tire my guess would be clay or some other reddish dust/debris. Also, some tire cleaners (the cheaper ones) will discolor the tire rubber after they have dried out.

As far as your car choice, what is your time frame for purchasing?

If you want something now, I'd personally choose a supercharged M3 versus a tuned 335is. The supercharged M3 will cost you more but a blown M3 is so rare around here and that V8... Ummm... Goodness.... Not to mention the engine seems to retain its reliability with a blower (if you go the more popular routes like ESS for example).

But if you can wait a few years I'd get a 2nd year M4. By then most of the major bugs will be discovered and more importantly the more prominent tuners will have "uncorked" the engine. Last I heard the new turbo I6 will actually get a small horsepower bump but a HUGE torque bump over the S65. A good tune will probably get you knocking on the door of stock M5 numbers (probably be 30-50 HP/tq less but the lesser weight will end up shining through!).

If you ultimately want to get the M4 and your 335is is coming off lease I'd look at leasing an 2013 E92 M3 now and when that comes off lease the new M4 will be ripe for the picking!
Appreciate 0